15 Jul 2013

Get English Tuition: My Qualifications


With three children of my own, I know how it feels to soothe an anxious perfectionist, and motivate a son inclined to do the bare minimum when it comes to writing. As an experienced English Tutor, I've helped students aged 8-18 to enjoy learning and see better results faster. We've had some outstanding results.


Qualifications
MA English and English Literature, University of Oxford.
BA (Hons.) English and English Literature, University of Oxford. Part I, first class, Part II, upper second, later converted to an MA.

PGCE Post Graduate Certificate in Education in Secondary English - Qualified Teacher Status
CRB current, enhanced check

Member of:

GTC General Teaching Council
ATL Association of Teachers and Lecturers
Institute of Professional Tutors

I've taught in three Outstanding Secondary Schools and tutored over twenty five students in the last year, gaining entrance to Stowe, Brighton College (one at 13+, two at 11+) and Hurstpierpoint. Other students at private and state schools have seen their grades at GCSE and A-Level raise from a C to an A, and in one case, from a D to an A. Read more reviews.

I am creative and experienced in enthusing students of all abilities at GCSE, IGCSE, 11+, Common Entrance and A-Level English. In addition to tutoring, I am the author of ATeacherWrites.com and a regular contributor to The Huffington Post.
See work I'm doing with students right now...

Recent successes include home schooled students, highly reluctant boys at GCSE, those struggling to stay in the top set, students with English as a second language, boys who love science or maths but don't 'get' English, a home-schooled girl lacking confidence, dyslexic, dyspraxic and autistic students.


Learn More 
Contact by EmailContact by Phone
from £35 per hour
Better results, faster
On FacebookOn TwitterOn PinterestOn Google Plus
  

I tutor in this area, and others, by arrangement. Find out how I can help.